Several Thelogians of the past have created erros and traditions that to this very day, have not been shaken But knowledtge shall increase before Great Tribulation that allows us to reject poisonous doctrines. See the comments of a new modern viewpoint of Daniel 9:21-27.
- Yes. while I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, reached me about the time of the evening offering,
- And Gabriel informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give you skill and understanding. \
- At the beginning of your supplications the commandment came forth, and I have come to show you; for you are greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.
- Seventy weeks, 490 years, are determined upon your people and upon your holy city to finish the transgression, namely the idol worship of the Priests, San Hedrin, Princes and people; see Ezekiel 8:6 to18), and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up, confirm the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy,. (that is, the Messiah King, Prophet, and Priest from the order of Malkezzedek).
- Know therefore and undertand, that from the going forth of the commandment, (The commandment of Persian King Darius Artaxerxes, 444BC, to restore and to build Jerusalem). unto the unveiling of Messiah, the Prince, shall be 69 weeks, 483 years, (that is the very day of the baptismal commissioning of him). Tthe street of the city shall be built again incluging the outer wall, even in troublesome times.
- It will take 7 weeks, 49 years, to finish rebuilding the city, thereafter another 62 weeks shall follow, 434 years, until Messiah be cut off (sentenced and crucified), but not for himself: Then the people of the prince (Titus the Roman). shall come and destroy the city and its sanctuary,.This end shall be with a flood. and unto the end of the (Jewish) war (see Joseephus history) desolations are determined .
- And he, the Messiah,shall confirm the covenant with many for one week , 7 years, (not the Sinai covenant, but the Davidic kingshuip covenant, a covenant of rest for Israel and a promised rulership for David's posterity, see 2 Samuel 7:1 to17,): and in the midst of that week, after 3 1/2 yeaars, he,(the Messiah,) shall cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease (by his passion), and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make, (Jerusalem and Judaism) desolate, even until the consummation, (a complete destruction), and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate, .(see Revelation 16 for the pouring out of the wrath of God by the 7 vials).